November 21st, 2017
Everyone has their favorites when it comes to the Thanksgiving Feast. Chris wanted to share one of her favorite recipes with you.
Gourmet Sweet Potato Souffle
3 ½ pounds of sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon of white sugar
½ cup butter, melted
¾ cup white sugar
1 cup of heavy cream
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes, cover and cook until soft about 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 2 quart soufflé dish. Sprinkle dish with 1 tablespoon of white sugar, shaking dish to evenly coat bottom and sides.
3. Place the sweet potatoes into the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter, ¾ cup sugar, heavy cream, eggs, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Process until mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared soufflé dish.
4. Bake the sweet potato mixture in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
5. Bake the sweet potato mixture until edges are slightly browned, about 40 minutes more. Serve warm or at room temperature.